Caramelised brussels sprouts are a wonderful accompaniment to this tangy chicken dish.
The ingredient of Lemon chicken with caramelised brussels sprouts
- 500g brussels sprouts, halved
- 4 x 150g orange sweet potatoes (kumara), unpeeled
- 500g lean chicken breast fillets, fat trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1 long fresh red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 80ml lemon juice
The instruction how to make Lemon chicken with caramelised brussels sprouts
- Boil, steam or microwave brussels sprouts until just tender. Drain
- Meanwhile, using a sharp knife, pierce skin of sweet potatoes several times. Place potatoes on a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towel. Sprinkle with a little water. Microwave, covered, on High (100%) for 5u20136 minutes or until tender. Cover to keep warm.
- Diagonally slice chicken fillets into thick escalopes. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 2u20133 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan over high heat. Cook brussels sprouts and lemon wedges, turning, for 2u20133 minutes or until sprouts are golden and lemon caramelised. Transfer to a plate. Return chicken to pan.
- Combine chilli, garlic, rind and juice in a small bowl and add to pan. Cook, turning chicken to coat, for 1 minute or until heated through. Serve chicken with brussels sprouts, jacket sweet potatoes and lemon wedges. Drizzle with pan juices to serve.
Nutritions of Lemon chicken with caramelised brussels sproutsfatContent: