Infused with flavoursome spices, sweet raisins and crunchy chickpeas, this chicken and couscous recipe is sure to become a dinner time favourite.
The ingredient of Spiced chicken thighs with yellow couscous
- 4 chicken thigh cutlets
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 500ml Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 cups couscous
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 50g baby rocket
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Spiced chicken thighs with yellow couscous
- Combine chicken, cumin, coriander, paprika, garlic and half of oil in a bowl. Season and toss to coat.
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill on high. Reduce heat to medium. Chargrill chicken for 10-12 minutes each side or until lightly charred and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, bring chicken stock to the boil in a small saucepan. Place couscous, raisins, turmeric and remaining oil in a heatproof bowl. Pour over hot stock and mix with a fork until most of stock is absorbed. Cover and stand for 3 minutes. Fluff up couscous with a fork. Cover and stand for another 3 minutes. Add chickpeas, almonds, rocket and lemon juice, season and toss to coat.
- Serve chicken with couscous and lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Spiced chicken thighs with yellow couscousfatContent: