*Disclaimer: This recipe is a member recipe. It has not been tested by the taste.com.au team.
The ingredient of Mediterranean chicken roulade with parmesan crisps
- 4 chicken breasts, butterflied
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 100g baby spinach
- 300g semi-dried tomatoes
- 8 slices prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
The instruction how to make Mediterranean chicken roulade with parmesan crisps
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place a length of cling wrap on each side of the chicken breasts and gently pound with a mallet or rolling pin until about 1cm thick. Remove top layer of cling wrap.
- Top each chicken breast with 2 tablespoons of ricotta cheese, a layer of spinach and a few semi-dried tomatoes. Roll up each chicken breast keeping the filling inside. Wrap each chicken breast in a single layer of prosciutto.
- Place the chicken breasts on a greased baking tray and put in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- To make the parmesan crisps, finely grate the parmesan and mix in the flour. Heat a frying pan and sprinkle the mixture in a thin layer in a circular pattern. Once the cheese starts to brown on the bottom, gently flip over and brown the other side. You can place onto the rolling pin or into a bowl to shape them while they are still hot or leave them flat.
- Once the chicken is cooked, gently slice each breast into 5cm thick slices, careful as not to burn yourself and fan the pieces to display the filling. Place a parmesan crisp on top and serve with your favourite side.
Nutritions of Mediterranean chicken roulade with parmesan crispsfatContent: