Crunchy pine nuts and baby spinach add a healthy element to this chicken salad, while raisins give it an extra sweet flavour.
The ingredient of Chicken, spinach and pine nut salad
- 400g roast chicken
- 2 x 100g pkts baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- A few parsley sprigs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Lucky pine nuts
- 1/4 cup (50g) Sunbeam raisins
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
The instruction how to make Chicken, spinach and pine nut salad
- Tear or slice the chicken into thin strips. Place in a bowl with the spinach, onion and parsley sprigs. Toss to combine.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the pine nuts and raisins, and cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden.
- Stir in the honey, vinegar and remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Divide the salad among serving plates. Drizzle with the honey dressing to serve.
Nutritions of Chicken, spinach and pine nut saladfatContent: 478 calories
saturatedFatContent: 36 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 17 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 16 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 21 grams protein