Its worth it to marinate the chicken overnight if you can as it locks in all the beautiful flavours.
The ingredient of Tandoori chicken with coconut and coriander rice
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup tandoori paste
- 1 1/3 cups Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Pappadums, to serve
- 1 cup Basmati rice, rinsed
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
The instruction how to make Tandoori chicken with coconut and coriander rice
- Cut three 1cm-deep, 2.5cm-long slits into each drumstick. Combine tandoori paste and 2/3 cup yoghurt in a large ceramic dish. Add chicken and, using your fingers, rub marinade all over. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, if time permits.
- Preheat oven to 220C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Spray a wire rack with oil and place over tray (see note). Remove chicken from marinade. Place on rack. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part is pierced with a skewer.
- Make coconut and coriander rice: Meanwhile, cook rice following absorption method on packet. Stir in coconut and coriander.
- Place cucumber, 2 teaspoons lemon juice and remaining 2/3 cup yoghurt in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Serve chicken with coconut and coriander rice, cucumber yoghurt and pappadums.
Nutritions of Tandoori chicken with coconut and coriander ricefatContent: