Delicate home-made tortellini taste delicious in this light chicken broth.
The ingredient of Chicken, porcini and basil tortellini in broth
- 10g dried porcini mushrooms*
- 3 cups (750ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock (see related recipe), plus the chicken from cooking
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 30 square egg wonton wrappers or flour wonton wrappers*
- Baby spinach leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken, porcini and basil tortellini in broth
- Soak porcini in 1/4 cup (60ml) boiling water for 10 minutes, then drain and finely chop.
- Discard the skin and bones from the chicken and finely chop the meat. Combine in a bowl with porcini and basil. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then stir in egg and oil.
- Place 10 wonton wrappers on a clean surface. Place a rounded teaspoon of chicken mixture off-centre on each wrapper (dont overfill or the tortellini will burst). Brush edges lightly with cold water, then fold over into a triangle, pressing down edges to enclose filling. With the long end of the triangle facing towards you, pull the 2 corners up to meet over the centre of the filling, overlapping slightly. Press together gently to secure. Repeat process with remaining wrappers and filling to make 30 tortellini.
- Cook the tortellini, in batches, in a large pan of boiling salted water for 3 minutes or until they rise to the surface and are cooked through. Scatter a few spinach leaves in 6 serving bowls, then top each with 5 cooked tortellini.
- Meanwhile, bring reserved stock to the boil in a pan and season well. Ladle over the tortellini and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Chicken, porcini and basil tortellini in brothfatContent: