Summer is here! Relax next to the pool with these hearty rye sandwiches which are ready in a flash.
The ingredient of Chicken, avocado, basil and ricotta on rye
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Butter, for spreading
- 1 12 slices rye bread
- 250g fresh ricotta
- 450g cooked chicken meat (see note), cut into lcm pieces
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
The instruction how to make Chicken, avocado, basil and ricotta on rye
- Deseed, peel and then cut the avocado into chunks. Toss avocado gently with the lemon juice in a small bowl to coat well (this prevents the avocado from browning).
- Butter the bread slices. Spread 6 slices of the bread with the ricotta and then top with avocado, chicken and a layer of basil leaves. Season generously with salt and pepper. Cover with remaining bread slices. Serve whole or halved.
- Note: Left-over roasted chicken is ideal for this sandwich. Alternatively; poach or barbecue breast fillets.
- To poach: Bring enough chicken stock or water to cover chicken breast fillets in a heat-resistant ovenproof dish to a simmer with a slice he of lemon, a bay leaf and 3-4 whole black peppercorns. Add the chicken breast fillets, cover dish with foil and poach in oven preheated to 200u00b0C for 10 minutes or until just tender. Transfer to the fridge in the poaching ad liquid until cooled to room temperature.
- To barbecue or chargrill: Preheat a barbecue or chargrill on high. Brush the chicken breast fillets generously with olive oil, season with ld ground black pepper and cook on preheated barbecue or chargrill for 4-6 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Remove from heat, transfer to a plate and place in the fridge to cool to room temperature.
Nutritions of Chicken, avocado, basil and ricotta on ryefatContent: 378.576 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 8 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 36 grams protein