Plate up this delicious spring vegetable and roast chicken dish for a new take on Sunday roast.
The ingredient of Chicken with baby spring vegetables and pistou
- 100g risoni or orzo pasta
- 4 chicken marylands
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra to toss
- 50g unsalted butter
- 100g pancetta, chopped
- 2 eschalots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white wine
- 300ml Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup fresh, podded or frozen peas, blanched, drained
- 100ml thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 baby carrots, blanched
- 1 baby cos lettuce, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
The instruction how to make Chicken with baby spring vegetables and pistou
- For the pistou, place garlic, basil and parmesan in a food processor with a good pinch of salt, then whiz to combine. With the motor running, slowly add the oil in a slow, steady stream until you have a thick paste. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C.
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water according to the packet instructions. Drain and toss with a little oil. Set aside.
- Season the chicken and sprinkle with oregano. Heat the oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, skin-side down, for 3-4 minutes until golden. Place chicken, skin-side up, on a baking tray. Roast for 20 minutes or until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, return frypan to medium heat and add butter. Cook pancetta for 2-3 minutes until starting to crisp. Add eschalot and garlic, then cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in flour, wine and stock, then bring to a simmer. Cook for 5-6 minutes until thickened. Stir in cannellini beans, peas, cream, lemon juice, carrots and pasta. Place lettuce on top and cook for 1-2 minutes until warmed through and lettuce is starting to wilt. Season to taste. Serve with chicken and a dollop of pistou.
Nutritions of Chicken with baby spring vegetables and pistoufatContent: