Dish up hearty, wholesome fare for the family with this delicious chicken and corn chowder.
The ingredient of Creamy chicken, corn and chive chowder
- 2 x 200g chicken breast fillets
- 2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 40g butter
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 medium leek, thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 sebago potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1 litre milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2/3 cup Birds Eye frozen corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
The instruction how to make Creamy chicken, corn and chive chowder
- Place chicken in a medium saucepan. Cover with stock and 2 cups cold water. Bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from heat. Stand for 5 minutes to cool chicken. Reserve 1 cup of poaching liquid. Chop chicken.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, leek and celery. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables soften.
- Stir in flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in potato, milk, reserved poaching liquid, cream and corn. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until potato has softened. Add chicken. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in chives. Season. Serve.
Nutritions of Creamy chicken, corn and chive chowderfatContent: 628.57 calories
saturatedFatContent: 32.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 20.4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 43.2 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 38.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 156 milligrams cholesterol