Baked celery is the healthy and tasty accompaniment to the golden chicken schnitzels.
The ingredient of Celery braised in wine with chicken schnitzel
- 1/2 bunch celery, stalks separated, trimmed
- 20g butter, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white wine
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breast schnitzel
- Potato mash, heated, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Celery braised in wine with chicken schnitzel
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Cut the celery into 10cm lengths. Cook the celery in a large saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the celery to a 2-litre ovenproof dish. Scatter with the butter and garlic. Add the wine and stock. Bake for 20 minutes or until the celery is tender. Remove from the oven. Sprinkle with the tarragon and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. In batches, cook the schnitzel for 4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Serve schnitzel with braised celery, potato mash and lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Celery braised in wine with chicken schnitzelfatContent: 249.755 calories
saturatedFatContent: 23 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 1 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 1 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 28 milligrams cholesterol