The ingredient of Mustard chicken with mixed beans & peas
- 250g frozen broad beans, thawed
- 2 (about 440g each) chicken centres, halved lengthways
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 50g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 200g green beans, topped, halved crossways diagonally
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas
- 20g butter, extra
- 40g (1/4 cup) toasted slivered almonds (Ducks brand)
The instruction how to make Mustard chicken with mixed beans & peas
- Cook the broad beans in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 2 minutes or until tender (see microwave tip 1). Drain and set aside for 5 minutes or until beans are cool enough to handle. Remove outer skin.
- Meanwhile, use a small sharp knife to cut a pocket in the side of each chicken breast (dont cut all the way through). Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Combine butter, chives, mustard and garlic in a bowl. Spoon butter mixture into each chicken pocket and secure with a toothpick to enclose the filling.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and cook for 6 minutes or until the skin is golden brown and crisp. Turn and cook for a further 6 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, cook the green beans and peas in a medium saucepan of salted boiling water for 2 minutes or until beans are bright green and tender crisp (see microwave tips 2 and 3). Drain well.
- Heat the extra butter in a frying pan over high heat until foaming. Add the beans, peas, broad beans and almonds and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through. To serve, divide mixed beans and peas among plates and top with mustard chicken.
Nutritions of Mustard chicken with mixed beans & peasfatContent: 523.888 calories
saturatedFatContent: 26 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 7 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 61 grams protein
sodiumContent: 170 milligrams cholesterol