The ingredient of Warm chicken, avocado & couscous salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g chicken breast fillets, tenderloins removed
- 290g (1 1/2 cups) couscous
- 55g (1/3 cup) currants
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) boiling Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 large carrot, peeled, cubed
- 1 small head (about 200g) broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 large Hass avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled, diced
- Pinch of salt
The instruction how to make Warm chicken, avocado & couscous salad
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken tenderloins and fillets. Cook tenderloins for 2 minutes each side and fillets for 6 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Transfer to plate and cover.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous and currants in a large heatproof bowl and add the boiling stock while stirring with a fork. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Use a fork to separate the grains.
- Heat remaining oil in frying pan over medium-high heat. Add carrot and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add broccoli and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add cumin, turmeric and garlic, and stir for 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Cut the chicken into 1cm-thick slices. Add chicken, broccoli mixture and avocado to couscous. Toss gently to combine. Taste and season with salt.
Nutritions of Warm chicken, avocado & couscous saladfatContent: 695.968 calories
saturatedFatContent: 29 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 64 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 40 grams protein
sodiumContent: 74 milligrams cholesterol