The ingredient of Tandoori chicken kebabs with fragrant rice
- 2 teaspoons whole coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon coarsely grated fresh ginger
- Pinch salt
- Pinch saffron threads
- 1 tablespoon Allowrie ghee
- 2 cups (400g) white rice
- 2 cups (500ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 8 tandoori chicken kebabs
- Indian style chutney to serve
The instruction how to make Tandoori chicken kebabs with fragrant rice
- Place coriander and cumin seeds in a small frying pan. Shake pan over low heat for 1-2 minutes, or until seeds are fragrant. Place seeds in mortar with garlic, ginger and salt. Bash with pestle to form a smooth paste. Add saffron threads and u00c3u201au00c2u00bc cup warm water and allow infusing for 10 minutes.
- Melt ghee in medium saucepan. Add rice and stir until well coated with ghee. Add spice mixture, stock and bring to the boil. Cover with tight fitting lid, reduce heat and simmer, undisturbed for 12 minutes. Turn off heat and allow rice to steam for further 10 minutes. Remove lid and stir through coriander.
- Meanwhile cook kebabs on a heated, oiled grill plate for 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Serve kebabs with rice and chutney.
Nutritions of Tandoori chicken kebabs with fragrant ricefatContent: 567.864 calories
saturatedFatContent: 9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 81 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 39 grams protein