Char siu – Chinese-style barbecue sauce - gives authentic flavour to this chicken.
The ingredient of Honey chicken with stir-fried greens
- 60ml (1/4 cup) char siu sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1kg small chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed
- Olive oil spray
- 1 bunch gai lan (Chinese broccoli), trimmed, cut into thirds crossways
- 2 teaspoons water
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
The instruction how to make Honey chicken with stir-fried greens
- Combine the char siu sauce, honey, kecap manis, sugar, sesame oil and garlic in a large bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate. Preheat grill on high. Line a baking tray with foil. Lightly spray with olive oil. Transfer the chicken to the tray. Cook under grill for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through and caramelised.
- Meanwhile, preheat a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray with olive oil. Stir-fry the gai lan for 1 minute. Add water. Stir-fry 1-2 minutes or until gai lan is bright green and tender crisp.
- Divide rice among serving bowls. Top with chicken, gai lan and coriander.
Nutritions of Honey chicken with stir-fried greensfatContent: 294.209 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 18 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 17 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 32 grams protein
sodiumContent: 132 milligrams cholesterol