Stuffed with a zesty combo of fresh herbs and lemon, this roast chicken and potato bake is a treat.
The ingredient of Herb-stuffed chicken and potato bake
- 4 large (about 720g) chicken thigh cutlets, skin on, excess fat trimmed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Olive oil spray
- 200g green round beans, steamed, to serve
- 310g sweet potato (kumara), peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 500g Red Delight potatoes, cut into 2cm pieces
- 3 shallots, trimmed, finely chopped
- 65g (1/4 cup) sour cream
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 40g (1/2 cup) coarsely grated cheddar
The instruction how to make Herb-stuffed chicken and potato bake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line a roasting pan with non-stick baking paper.
- To make the potato bake, place the sweet potato and potato in a steamer over a saucepan of simmering water and cook, covered, for 4-5 minutes or until almost tender. Transfer to a baking dish. Top with shallot. Combine sour cream and milk in a jug. Pour over the potato mixture. Top with cheddar. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, run your fingers under the skin of each cutlet to create a large pocket. Combine parsley, garlic, lemon rind, dill, paprika and oil in a bowl. Spoon one-quarter of parsley mixture under the skin of each cutlet. Place in prepared pan. Spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve chicken with potato bake, beans and lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Herb-stuffed chicken and potato bakefatContent: 553.285 calories
saturatedFatContent: 33 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 35 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 29 grams protein