The ingredient of Poached chicken, potato and radish salad
- 5 cups (1.25L) water
- 1 brown onion, halved
- 2 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
- 6 black peppercorns
- 2 (about 500g) chicken breast fillets
- 400g kipfler potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup (125ml) natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, plus extra to garnish
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 4 celery sticks, trimmed, cut into 4cm-long batons
- 6 small radishes, trimmed, washed, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch watercress, washed, leaves picked
The instruction how to make Poached chicken, potato and radish salad
- Place the water, onion, parsley, peppercorns and a pinch of salt in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Add the chicken and cover with a lid. Remove from the heat and set aside for 30 minutes to poach. Remove chicken from the poaching liquid and set aside to cool. Thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a steamer basket over a saucepan of boiling water. Cook, covered, for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Refresh under cold running water, drain well. Set aside to cool slightly. Cut into 2cm-thick slices.
- Combine the yoghurt, lemon juice, chives and hot water in a small bowl.
- Place the potatoes, chicken, celery, radish slices and yoghurt dressing in a large bowl and gently toss to coat in the dressing. Divide the watercress between serving plates, top with chicken salad and sprinkle with extra chives to serve.
Nutritions of Poached chicken, potato and radish saladfatContent: 243.541 calories
saturatedFatContent: 4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 17 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 33 grams protein
sodiumContent: 79 milligrams cholesterol