A soup is a simple way to liven up the week. This ones hearty and tastes delicious.
The ingredient of Chicken and corn vermicelli noodle soup
- 250g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 litres Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 3 cobs sweet corn, kernels removed
- 2 small (about 300g) chicken breast fillets, trimmed, cut into 5mm-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
The instruction how to make Chicken and corn vermicelli noodle soup
- Place noodles in a bowl and cover with hot water. Stand for 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion softens.
- Add stock and bring to the boil. Add corn, chicken and soy sauce. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through.
- Add noodles. Simmer for 1 minute. Stir in coriander. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into serving bowls. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken and corn vermicelli noodle soupfatContent: 527.234 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 67 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 24 grams protein
sodiumContent: 44 milligrams cholesterol