It might sound fancy, but this balsamic-and-herb topped chicken dish will take you only half an hour to get onto the table.
The ingredient of Chicken with polenta and red capsicum ragout
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (about 700g) single chicken breast fillets
- 2 red capsicums, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 80ml (1/3 cup) white wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 140g (3/4 cup) instant polenta (cornmeal)
- 30g (1/3 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 15g butter
The instruction how to make Chicken with polenta and red capsicum ragout
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add to the pan and cook for 7 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the capsicum and onion, and cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and rosemary, and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add stock, wine and vinegar, and simmer for 10 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- To make the polenta, place the stock and milk in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil. Gradually add the polenta in a thin steady stream, stirring constantly until incorporated. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Stir in the parmesan and butter.
- Thickly slice the chicken diagonally across the grain. Divide polenta among serving plates. Top with the chicken and capsicum mixture. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Chicken with polenta and red capsicum ragoutfatContent: 492.101 calories
saturatedFatContent: 17 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 33 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 49 grams protein
sodiumContent: 127 milligrams cholesterol