Have dinner on the table in no time with this tasty five spice chicken.
The ingredient of Five spice chicken with cucumber salad
- 1/3 cup salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- peanut oil
- 500g chicken breast fillets, trimmed and sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup (35g) coarsely chopped cashews
The instruction how to make Five spice chicken with cucumber salad
- Place the soy sauce, sherry, five spice powder and 2 tablespoons peanut oil in a large non-metallic bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cucumber, mint, vinegar and sugar in a non-metallic bowl, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Heat a little extra oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken in batches until just cooked through. Return all the chicken to the pan, add the green onion and cashews and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Serve chicken topped with cucumber salad.
Nutritions of Five spice chicken with cucumber saladfatContent: 222.748 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 5 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 31 grams protein
sodiumContent: 74 milligrams cholesterol