Make your own homemade gozleme with this deliciously easy chicken mince and haloumi recipe.
The ingredient of Spiced chicken and haloumi gozleme recipe
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 500g chicken mince
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 125g haloumi cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves, plus extra sprigs to serve
- Plain Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
The instruction how to make Spiced chicken and haloumi gozleme recipe
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add mince. Cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, for 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add garlic, chilli, cumin and turmeric. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add lemon juice, haloumi and coriander. Cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make Flatbread Dough: Using an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook, beat flours, salt, oil and u00be cup water on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth and elastic (see note). Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Preheat oven to 100C/80C fan-forced.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Roll 1 portion out on a lightly floured surface to form a 2mm-thick, 22cm x 50cm rectangle. Leaving a 1cm border, spoon u00bc of the mince mixture onto one half of the dough, spreading to form a thin layer. Fold dough over to enclose filling, pressing edges together to seal. Repeat with remaining dough portions and mince mixture, layering between sheets of baking paper.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Place 1 flatbread in pan. Cook, pressing with a spatula to flatten, for 2 minutes or until browned. Turn. Cook, pressing with spatula, for 2 minutes or until dough is cooked through and golden. Transfer to a baking tray. Place in oven to keep warm. Repeat, in batches, with remaining oil and flatbreads, adding extra oil to pan when necessary. Cut gozleme into pieces. Sprinkle with extra chilli and coriander. Serve with yoghurt and lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Spiced chicken and haloumi gozleme recipefatContent: 903.42 calories
saturatedFatContent: 49.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12.4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 67.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 42.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 124 milligrams cholesterol