Go Greek with this Mediterranean-inspired chicken dish.
The ingredient of Chicken souvlaki with spiced pita bread
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 600g chicken breast fillets, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 large brown onion, halved, thickly sliced
- 125ml (1/2 cup) passata (tomato pasta sauce)
- 4 rounds pita bread
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 120g (1/2 cup) bought garlic dip, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken souvlaki with spiced pita bread
- Combine vinegar, oregano, garlic, half the paprika and one-third of the oil in a bowl. Add chicken and onion. Stir to coat.
- Combine the passata and remaining paprika in a bowl.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Cook the chicken and onion on grill, turning once, for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Preheat grill on high. Cut bread into wedges. Place on a baking tray. Drizzle over the remaining oil. Cook under grill for 2 minutes or until toasted. Spread the passata mixture over the bread.
- Divide the spinach, bread, chicken and the onion among serving plates. Serve with the garlic dip.
Nutritions of Chicken souvlaki with spiced pita breadfatContent: 570.015 calories
saturatedFatContent: 32 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 29 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 41 grams protein