This Middle Eastern inspired chicken dinner is delicious served with salad, hummus and warm Lebanese bread.
The ingredient of Sumac chicken with persian tomato salad
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sumac (see note)
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses (see note)
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 6 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 telegraph cucumber, peeled
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup (50g) shelled pistachios, chopped
- Lebanese bread, to serve
- Hummus, to serve
The instruction how to make Sumac chicken with persian tomato salad
- Combine garlic, sumac, thyme, lemon zest, 2 tablespoons juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon molasses and salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Add chicken and turn to coat. Set aside to marinate while you prepare the salad.
- Combine remaining juice, oil and molasses in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then whisk together. Remove seeds from tomatoes and cucumber and cut both into 2cm cubes . Place in a large bowl with onion, chilli, herbs and nuts. Toss to combine. Set both bowls aside.
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan to medium-high. When hot, add chicken and grill for 3-4 minutes each side until cooked through. Leave chicken to rest while you toss salad with dressing. Slice chicken and serve with salad, hummus and bread.
Nutritions of Sumac chicken with persian tomato saladfatContent: 552.329 calories
saturatedFatContent: 28 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 19 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 17 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 51 grams protein
sodiumContent: 118 milligrams cholesterol