These quick and easy coconut-crumbed chicken strips are perfect served with our speedy three-ingredient sweet and sour dipping sauce.
The ingredient of Chicken tenders with crunchy coconut crumb
- 500g chicken tenderloins
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 30g (3/4 cup) panko breadcrumbs
- 100g (1 1/2 cups) shredded coconut
- Small fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- 225g can pineapple pieces, drained
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Masterfoods Tomato Sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons white wine vinegar, to taste
The instruction how to make Chicken tenders with crunchy coconut crumb
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Cut the tenderloins in half lengthways, then cut each piece in half crossways.
- Place the flour, egg and panko in separate shallow bowls. Add the coconut to the panko and stir to combine.
- Toss the chicken in flour and shake off excess. Dip in egg, then roll in the panko mixture, pressing firmly to coat. Transfer to the prepared tray and spray with oil. Bake, turning halfway, for 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, to make the dipping sauce, process the pineapple and tomato sauce in a small food processor until almost smooth. Transfer to a small saucepan. Stir in vinegar, to taste. Cook, stirring, over medium-heat heat for 2 minutes or until warm.
- Sprinkle the chicken with coriander and serve with the sauce.
Nutritions of Chicken tenders with crunchy coconut crumbfatContent: