This hearty chicken dish is cooked with lots of vegies and fresh flavoursome herbs.
The ingredient of Chicken cacciatore
- 350g dried macaroni pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 650g chicken breast fillets, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 celery stick, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, thinly sliced
- 125g (1/2 cup) bought roasted red capsicum
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 80ml (1/3 cup) white wine
- 1 x 400g btl Barilla Olive Pasta Sauce
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 50g (1/3 cup) coarsely grated parmesan
- 20g butter
The instruction how to make Chicken cacciatore
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain and return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Season the chicken with salt. Add to the pan and cook for 2 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Add the celery and carrot to the pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Add the capsicum, rosemary and wine to the pan and cook for 1 minute or until the wine reduces slightly. Add the chicken, pasta sauce and water, and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in three-quarters of the parsley.
- Add the parmesan and butter to the pasta and toss to combine. Divide among serving plates. Top with the chicken mixture and the remaining parsley. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Chicken cacciatorefatContent: 732.535 calories
saturatedFatContent: 23 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 73 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 54 grams protein