Our Chicken provencale recipe is a family favourite.
The ingredient of Chicken provencale
- 4 chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 50g butter, chopped
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Steamed potatoes, to serve
- Broccolini, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken provencale
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Place flour in a snap-lock bag. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken breasts, 2 at a time, shaking to coat. Shake off excess. Place on a plate.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a 5cm-deep, 20cm x 30cm (base) baking dish.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add onion to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Increase heat to medium-high. Add sherry. Bring to the boil. Boil for 1 minute. Add tomatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until boiling. Spoon tomato mixture over chicken. Cover.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, adding olives for the last 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with potatoes and broccolini.
Nutritions of Chicken provencalefatContent: 408.929 calories
saturatedFatContent: 13.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 16.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 46.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 162 milligrams cholesterol