Chicken burritos make a satisfying mid-week meal. Try putting the fillings on the table and letting everyone load up their own.
The ingredient of Chicken burritos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 50g burrito seasoning mix
- 300g can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small BBQ chicken, meat removed from bones & shredded
- 10 pack (400g) burrito tortillas
- 1/2 small iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Guacamole dip (optional)
The instruction how to make Chicken burritos
- Heat oil in a frying pan, over medium heat. Add onion and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently until onion is soft.
- Stir in seasoning mix, crushed tomatoes and 1 cup water. Simmer uncovered for 3-5 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Add kidney beans and shredded BBQ chicken meat and cook until heated through.
- Heat burrito tortillas according to packet instructions. Place shredded lettuce onto warmed tortillas. Top with chicken mixture, tomato, cheese and a large dollop of sour cream. Fold and secure with toothpick. Serve with guacamole, if desired.
Nutritions of Chicken burritosfatContent: 1102.985 calories
saturatedFatContent: 45.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 18.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 78 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10.8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 48.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 183 milligrams cholesterol