Perfect party food, these sweet and sour chicken skewers are childs play to make. Infused with lime and honey, these succulent skewers get an extra shot of flavour when dunked in creamy avocado dip.
The ingredient of Chilli chicken skewers with avocado cream
- 2 (about 400g) single chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, stones removed, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice, extra
The instruction how to make Chilli chicken skewers with avocado cream
- Cut the chicken crossways into thin strips and place in a bowl. Add the sweet chilli sauce, lime juice, honey and lime rind. Stir until well combined. Cover and place in the fridge for 10 minutes to marinate. Thread the chicken onto skewers.
- Place the avocado, sour cream and extra lime juice in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a barbecue flat plate or chargrill on medium-high. Cook skewers for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Transfer the avocado mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm plain nozzle. Pipe evenly among 10 serving glasses. Serve with the chicken skewers for dipping.
Nutritions of Chilli chicken skewers with avocado creamfatContent: 139.815 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 3.5 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 10 grams protein