These sticky and sweet chicken wings are served with couscous to soak up all the delicious Middle Eastern flavours.
The ingredient of Sticky pomegranate chicken with couscous salad
- 1kg chicken wing nibbles
- 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup wholemeal couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 60g mixed salad leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
The instruction how to make Sticky pomegranate chicken with couscous salad
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place chicken on 1 prepared tray. Combine molasses, thyme and 1u20442 the oil in a small jug. Drizzle over chicken. Toss to coat. Bake, turning occasionally, for 40 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place onion and zucchini on remaining tray. Add to oven in the last 20 minutes of chicken cooking time. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place couscous in a large heatproof bowl. Add boiling water. Cover. Set aside for 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork to separate grains. Add salad leaves, zucchini mixture, lemon juice, remaining oil and 1/2 the pomegranate seeds. Toss to combine. Serve chicken with couscous salad, sprinkled with remaining pomegranate seeds.
Nutritions of Sticky pomegranate chicken with couscous saladfatContent: 697.88 calories
saturatedFatContent: 35.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 55 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 35.2 grams protein
sodiumContent: 126 milligrams cholesterol