Tuck into these spicy pulled chicken sandwiches made with crispy maple bacon, mayo, lettuce and tomato.
The ingredient of Spicy pulled chicken club sandwiches
- 1.5kg Coles RSPCA Approved Wholeu00a0Chicken
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 cups (500ml) salt-reduced chickenu00a0stock
- 12 bacon rashers, trimmed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) maple syrup
- 18 slices Coles Bakery Sourdough Vienna
- 1/4 cup (75g) mayonnaise
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 3 tomatoes, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Spicy pulled chicken club sandwiches
- Preheat oven to 140C. Place chicken, breast-side down, on a board. Use kitchen scissors to cut along either side of the backbone. Discard. Turn chicken overu00a0and pressu00a0down on the breastbone tou00a0flatten. Place in au00a0roasting pan.
- Combine paprika, coriander, cumin, oregano, thyme and celery salt in au00a0bowl. Season well with pepper. Sprinkle spice mixture evenly over the chicken. Pour in stock. Cover tightly with foil. Roast, basting occasionally with pan juices, for 1u00bdu00a0hours or until chicken is very tender.
- Increase oven tou00a0200C. Remove foil and roast for au00a0further 20 mins or until chicken is golden brown. Set aside to cool slightly. Use 2 forks to coarsely shred the chicken, discarding the bones.
- Meanwhile, line a baking tray with baking paper. Place bacon in a single layer over lined tray. Brush evenly with maple syrup. Bake, turning occasionally, for 10 mins or until caramelised.
- Heat a chargrill pan on high. Cook the bread for 1-2 mins each side or untilu00a0lightly charred.
- Place a bread slice on each serving plate. Spread with half the mayonnaise. Top with half the lettuce, tomato and chicken. Top each with another bread slice and spread with remaining mayonnaise. Top with bacon and remaining tomato, chicken, lettuce andu00a0bread.u00a0Secure with skewers.
Nutritions of Spicy pulled chicken club sandwichesfatContent: 721.541 calories
saturatedFatContent: 26 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 68 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 18 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 51 grams protein