Enjoy a quick and easy weeknight dinner with these Cajun-style chicken fillets served with spicy rice.
The ingredient of Cajun-style chicken with Mexican rice
- 1 1/2 limes, juiced
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 12 (700g) chicken tenderloins, trimmed
- 1 1/4 cups white long-grain rice, rinsed
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 corn cob, kernels removed
- 2 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/3 cup taco sauce
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Cajun-style chicken with Mexican rice
- Combine 1/4 cup of lime juice, cajun seasoning and coriander in a shallow dish. Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Combine rice, capsicum, corn, stock and taco sauce in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in green onions. Cook for a further 3 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a greased barbecue plate or chargrill on medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Spoon rice onto plates. Top with coriander sprigs. Divide chicken between plates. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutritions of Cajun-style chicken with Mexican ricefatContent: 780.813 calories
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 122 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 53 grams protein
sodiumContent: 103 milligrams cholesterol