Create a delicious and spicy Moroccan chicken dish using just the one pot. With cumin, tumeric, cinnamon and ginger, this bake isnt short on flavour. Just add yoghurt and youre all set.
The ingredient of Moroccan chicken and rice one-pot
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1.2kg Lilydale whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 60ml (1u20444 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 brown onions, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Pinch of saffron
- 392g (2 cups) mountain blend rice
- 750ml (3 cups) Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 45g (1/4 cup) currants
- 50g preserved lemon, flesh removed, rind finely sliced
- 120g drained green Sicilian olives
- 1 piece Lebanese bread, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt or tzatziki, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Moroccan chicken and rice one-pot
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Combine the cumin and turmeric in a small bowl. Rub cumin mixture over the chicken. Season.
- Heat half the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish over medium heat. Cook the chicken, in batches, for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until soft and golden. Add garlic, ginger, cinnamon and saffron. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add rice and stir to coat. Add stock and water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken, currants, preserved lemon and olives. Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove lid and add bread. Spray with oil. Bake for a further 10-15 minutes or until bread is golden and crisp.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with coriander. Spoon over the yoghurt or tzatziki. Serve with the lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Moroccan chicken and rice one-potfatContent: