A fresh and delicious meal can be enjoyed any day of the week - be inspired by this easy dinner that is on the table in minutes.
The ingredient of Chicken enchiladas with lime and avocado salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 chicken thigh fillets, coarsely chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 1 cup (250ml) tomato passata
- 1/2 cup (40g) cheddar, coarsely grated
- Sour cream, to serve
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 1 avocado, halved, stoned, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup coriander, coarsely chopped
The instruction how to make Chicken enchiladas with lime and avocado salsa
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add one-third of the chicken and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining chicken in 2 more batches. Return chicken to the pan with the onion, cumin, coriander and paprika. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Brush a tortilla with a little of the tomato passata. Top with chicken mixture and roll to enclose filling. Place enchilada, seam-side down, in the base of a 6-cup capacity baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture. Spoon the remaining tomato passata over the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, to make the avocado salsa, combine the avocado, tomato, onion, chilli, lime juice and coriander in a medium bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide enchiladas among serving plates and top with salsa. Dollop with sour cream. Serve immediately with salad leaves, if desired.
Nutritions of Chicken enchiladas with lime and avocado salsafatContent: 585.55 calories
saturatedFatContent: 37 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 21 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 39 grams protein
sodiumContent: 149 milligrams cholesterol