For a quick and easy dinner or a lovely starter, try these zesty lime and lemongrass chicken wraps.
The ingredient of Lime and lemongrass chicken lettuce wraps
- 1 stick lemongrass, pale section only, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoons macadamia oil or sunflower oil
- 500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 100g sweet potato noodles
- 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 110g (2 cups) trimmed bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons salt-reduced tamari
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Lime and lemongrass chicken lettuce wraps
- Combine lemongrass, lime rind and oil in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles following packet directions or until al dente. Drain.
- Heat a large wok over high heat. Stir-fry chicken, in 2 batches, for 5 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a bowl. Spray the wok with a little oil. Stir-fry the cabbage and carrot over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add the bean sprouts and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Combine the lime juice, tamari, chilli and sugar in a small bowl. Stir until sugar dissolves. Place the noodles, vegetables and chicken in a bowl. Toss to combine. Divide among lettuce leaves. Top with fresh mint leaves and drizzle with lime dressing.
Nutritions of Lime and lemongrass chicken lettuce wrapsfatContent: 292.297 calories
saturatedFatContent: 5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 28 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 31 grams protein