In season plums add a burst of sweetness to this juicy chicken dish whilst the chilli adds a nice punch.
The ingredient of Chicken, plum and chilli tray bake
- 1/4 cup (60ml) oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 5cm-piece ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick or quill
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 4 strips orange peel
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, thinly sliced
- 4 Coles Australian RSPCA Approved Chicken Marylands (or 1.4kg chicken pieces on the bone)
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 4 plums, halved, stoned
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Spring onion curls, to serve
- Chilli curls, to serve
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken, plum and chilli tray bake
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Combine oyster sauce, plum sauce, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, star anise, cinnamon, five spice, orange peel and sliced chilli in a bowl. Add the chicken. Toss to combine. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in fridge for 30 mins to develop the flavours.
- Arrange the chicken mixture and onion in a roasting pan. Roast, basting chicken occasionally with pan juices, for 30 mins or until golden brown. Arrange the plum around the chicken in the pan. Roast for a further 15 mins or until chicken is cooked through and plum is tender.
- Sprinkle the chicken with coriander leaves, spring onion curls and chilli curls. Serve with steamed rice.
Nutritions of Chicken, plum and chilli tray bakefatContent: 371.884 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 21 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 19 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 43 grams protein