Celebrate National Diabetes Week with this lower-GI chicken dish full of fresh herb and citrus flavours. Delicious and ready in 30 minutes.
The ingredient of Lemon and thyme chicken with herb pilaf
- 600g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 quantity Herb pilaf (see related recipes)
- Steamed squash, to serve
- Green beans, to serve
The instruction how to make Lemon and thyme chicken with herb pilaf
- Place chicken, lemon juice, oil, thyme and rosemary in a large snap-lock bag. Seal. Shake to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes, if time permits.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Spoon herb pilaf into bowls. Top with chicken. Serve with squash and beans.
Nutritions of Lemon and thyme chicken with herb pilaffatContent: 700.987 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24.6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 70.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 45.6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 101 milligrams cholesterol