A garlic, herb and butter filling makes these chicken rolls moist, juicy and super tasty.
The ingredient of Chicken in bacon with honey carrots and couscous
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 40g butter, at room temperature
- 4 (about 500g) chicken thigh fillets, excess fat trimmed
- 4 bacon rashers, rind removed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 carrots, peeled, cut into thick matchsticks
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 190g (1 cup) couscous
The instruction how to make Chicken in bacon with honey carrots and couscous
- Combine the parsley, garlic and 30g of butter in a small bowl. Place the chicken thighs on a clean work surface and open to lie flat. Spread with the butter mixture and roll up to enclose filling. Wrap 1 bacon rasher around each chicken thigh. Use toothpicks to secure.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning often, for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook carrot in a saucepan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Add honey and remaining butter and toss to coat.
- Bring stock to the boil in a saucepan. Place the couscous in a heatproof bowl. Add the stock. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes. Use a fork to separate grains.
- Remove the toothpicks from chicken. Thickly slice. Divide the couscous and carrot among serving plates. Top with chicken. Drizzle over the juices to serve.
Nutritions of Chicken in bacon with honey carrots and couscousfatContent: 603.236 calories
saturatedFatContent: 31 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 41 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 37 grams protein
sodiumContent: 153 milligrams cholesterol