These elegant lettuce cups with aromatic chicken filling are a beautiful starter dish for an Asian inspired meal.
The ingredient of Coconut poached chicken on lettuce cups
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 6 black peppercorns
- 5cm piece ginger, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely grated palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 cup round mint leaves, finely shredded
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, very thinly sliced
- 2 red birdseye chillies, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup (40g) unsalted roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Baby butter lettuce leaves, to serve
- Fried shallots, to serve
The instruction how to make Coconut poached chicken on lettuce cups
- Place the chicken, peppercorns and ginger in a large, deep frying pan and cover with plenty of cold water. Place over high heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly. Transfer to a bowl and place in the fridge to chill.
- Finely shred the chicken and place in a medium bowl. Combine the coconut cream, lime juice, palm sugar and fish sauce in a small bowl. Taste and season with lime, sugar and fish sauce.
- Add the mint, lime leaves, lemongrass, chillies, coriander and peanuts to the chicken and toss to combine. Drizzle with half the coconut mixture and toss to combine. Divide the mixture evenly among lettuce leaves. Drizzle with remaining coconut mixture and sprinkle with fried shallots to serve.
Nutritions of Coconut poached chicken on lettuce cupsfatContent: 180.206 calories
saturatedFatContent: 9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 7 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 18 grams protein
sodiumContent: 39 milligrams cholesterol