Serve a complete meal in one bowl with this aromatic chicken, chickpea and rice curry.
The ingredient of Fragrant chicken, chickpea and pistachio pilaf
- 40g butter or ghee
- 6 (about 800g) chicken thigh fillets, coarsely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 long green chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 cardamom pods, bruised
- 12 fresh curry leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) basmati rice, rinsed, drained
- 2 1/4 cups (310ml) water
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup (75g) pistachios, coarsely chopped
The instruction how to make Fragrant chicken, chickpea and pistachio pilaf
- Melt half the butter in a large saucepan over high heat. Add one-third of the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until brown all over. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat in 2 more batches with remaining chicken.
- Melt the remaining butter in the pan over medium heat. Add the onion, chilli and ginger and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add the cumin, cardamom, curry leaves and turmeric and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the chicken and rice and stir to coat in spice mixture. Add the water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Add the chickpeas and half the pistachios and set aside, covered, for 5 minutes to rest. Use a fork to stir through the chickpeas and fluff up the grains of rice.
- Spoon the rice among serving plates or bowls. Sprinkle with the remaining pistachios and and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Fragrant chicken, chickpea and pistachio pilaffatContent: 818.336 calories
saturatedFatContent: 36 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 71 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 48 grams protein
sodiumContent: 181 milligrams cholesterol