This grilled chicken salad has to be the new go-to recipe for summer.
The ingredient of Grilled chicken, asparagus and orange salad
- 3 leeks, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra, to brush
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 8 wonton wrappers (see note)
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, each cut into 3 pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 60ml (1/4 cup) lemon juice
- 2 long red chillies, (see note) thinly sliced
- 1/2 small iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 oranges, segmented (see note)
- 1/2 cup dill sprigs
The instruction how to make Grilled chicken, asparagus and orange salad
- Preheat a chargrill pan over medium heat. Peel tough outer layer from leeks, then brush lightly with extra oil. Chargrill, cut-side down first, for 5 minutes each side or until charred and tender. Lightly brush asparagus with extra oil, then chargrill, turning, for 5 minutes or until tender. Brush wrappers with a little water, then a little extra oil. Chargrill, in 2 batches, for 1 1/2 minutes each side or until crisp and golden.
- Lightly brush chicken with extra oil, season with salt and pepper, then chargrill for 4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Whisk garlic, juice and oil in a large bowl, then season. Cut leeks into 4 widthwise, asparagus in half and chicken into strips, then add all to bowl with chillies, lettuce, orange segments and dill. Toss gently to combine.
- Scatter wonton crisps with salt and divide among bowls with salad to serve.
Nutritions of Grilled chicken, asparagus and orange saladfatContent: