Savour the fresh flavours of these delicious Chicken, Minted Pea & Ricotta Meatballs served in a rich tomato sauce with spaghetti and shaved parmesan.
The ingredient of Chicken, minted pea and ricotta meatballs
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, extra, to serve
- 175g Coles RSPCA Approved Chicken Mince
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup dried multigrain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons low-fat ricotta
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 400g can Coles Brand Italian Diced Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 130g wholemeal spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons shaved parmesan
The instruction how to make Chicken, minted pea and ricotta meatballs
- Preheat oven to 240 (220C fan-forced). Grease and line a small shallow baking dish with baking paper.
- Place the peas in a medium heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 1 min. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon of the water. Blend or process peas, reserved water, lemon rind and chopped mint until just combined.
- Combine mince, garlic, breadcrumbs and egg yolk in a medium bowl. Stir in pea mixture and ricotta.
- Roll level tablespoon of mixture into balls using wet hands. Place in prepared dish. Drizzle with oil. Roast for 15 mins, turning once. Add tomato and vinegar. Cook for 5 mins or until the meatballs are cooked through and sauce is hot.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until al dente. Drain.
- Serve pasta with meatballs and sauce. Top with extra mint and parmesan.
Nutritions of Chicken, minted pea and ricotta meatballsfatContent: