Roasted plums add a touch of sweetness to this delicious chicken, pumpkin and pearl barley salad.
The ingredient of Persian chicken and roasted plum salad
- 1 cup (200g) pearl barley
- 800g butternut pumpkin, seeded, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 4 just-ripe the Montague tree plums, stoned, quartered
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 2 large Coles Australian RSPCA Approved Chicken Breast Fillets
- 1/4 cup (35g) pistachios, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 100g marinated fetta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
The instruction how to make Persian chicken and roasted plum salad
- Preheat oven to 180C. Cook barley in a saucepan of boiling water for 20 mins or until tender. Refresh under cold water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, scatter pumpkin over a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the oil. Sprinkle with u00bd tsp cumin seeds. Season. Roast for 15 mins. Add plum to tray. Roast for 10 mins or until pumpkin is tender and plum just softens.
- While the pumpkin is roasting, combine paprika, cinnamon, chopped mint, remaining cumin and 1 tablespoon of remaining oil in a bowl. Add chicken. Toss to coat. Season. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake with pumpkin for last 12-15 mins of cooking or until cooked through. Cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
- Coarsely shred the chicken. Place in a bowl with the barley, pumpkin, plum, pistachio, fetta, parsley and mint leaves. Drizzle with lemon juice and remaining oil. Toss to combine. Serve with the lemon zest.
Nutritions of Persian chicken and roasted plum saladfatContent: