Meat and three veg gets an Indian-inspired makeover with this chicken and cauliflower dinner.
The ingredient of Chicken with tandoori cauliflower and herb sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 4 large chicken thigh cutlets, skin on
- 2 tablespoons tandoori paste
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 large (1kg) cauliflower, cut into thick wedges
- 200g plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 80g baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons natural flaked almonds, toasted
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
The instruction how to make Chicken with tandoori cauliflower and herb sauce
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine half the oil, garlic, ginger and chopped coriander in a bowl. Trim excess fat from chicken. Place chicken on prepared tray. Rub all over with oil mixture. Roast, skin-side up, for 15 minutes.
- Combine remaining oil, curry paste, lemon rind and honey in a large bowl. Add cauliflower, rubbing with mixture to coat. Place on tray with chicken. Bake for a further 25 minutes or until cauliflower is golden and tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place yoghurt, lemon juice, 1/4 cup coriander leaves and 1/4 cup parsley in a small food processor. Process until smooth and combined.
- Cook beans in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute or until just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain well. Place beans, spinach, almonds and remaining coriander and parsley leaves in a bowl. Toss to combine.
- Serve chicken and cauliflower with herb sauce, bean salad and lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Chicken with tandoori cauliflower and herb saucefatContent: 667.049 calories
saturatedFatContent: 47.9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 17 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 33.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 142 milligrams cholesterol