Moroccan spices will light up your day in this tasty chicken and roasted pumpkin and sweet potato dish. Dinner just isnt the same without cumin, paprika, coriander and honey.
The ingredient of Moroccan chicken with sticky roasted vegetables
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 500g Kent pumpkin, cut into wedges
- 500g orange sweet potato, unpeeled, cut into 2cm-thick rounds
- 1 bunch baby (Dutch) carrots, scrubbed, trimmed
- 4 chicken marylands, trimmed
- 2 oranges, peeled, segmented
- 1/4 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves, plus extra leaves to serve
The instruction how to make Moroccan chicken with sticky roasted vegetables
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced.
- Combine oil, honey, cumin, ground coriander, paprika, cinnamon and lemon juice in a large bowl. Add pumpkin, sweet potato and carrot. Toss to coat. Transfer vegetables to a large roasting pan, leaving excess spice mixture in bowl.
- Add chicken pieces to the spice mixture in bowl. Toss to coat. Place chicken on vegetables in roasting pan. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 40 to 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, make Orange Salad. Place orange segments, red onion, lime juice and coriander in a bowl. Gently toss to combine. Spoon salad on top of chicken and vegetables. Serve with extra coriander leaves.
Nutritions of Moroccan chicken with sticky roasted vegetablesfatContent: 931.622 calories
saturatedFatContent: 57.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 46.9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 54.8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 281 milligrams cholesterol