Take flat buns, zesty chicken breast, salad and creamy mayo and whip up this recipe in under 30 mins!
The ingredient of Lemon and herb chicken flat bun
- 2 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Breast Fillets, halved horizontally
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup (100g) mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped oregano, extra
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil, extra
- 4 Coles Flat Buns
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 80g baby rocket leaves
The instruction how to make Lemon and herb chicken flat bun
- Combine chicken, oil, garlic, oregano, basil, lemon zest and lemon juice in a large bowl. Place in the fridge for 10 mins or overnight to develop the flavours.
- Place the onion in a heatproof bowl. Place the sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until sugar dissolves. Pour over onion and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Cook the chicken for 3-5 mins each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Combine the mayonnaise, extra oregano and extra basil in a small bowl. Drain the onion, discarding pickling liquid.
- Divide the buns among serving plates. Spread the bases with mayonnaise mixture. Top with tomato, onion, chicken and rocket. Season. Fold over the bun tops to serve.
Nutritions of Lemon and herb chicken flat bunfatContent: