Theres nothing quite like the warm flavours of a roasted chicken. Add chorizo and fennel stuffing and its a perfect Sunday lunch.
The ingredient of Roast chickens with chorizo and fennel stuffing
- 2 x 1.8kg whole chickens
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 chorizo, finely chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Green Harissa Sauce (see notes), to serve
- Extra thyme sprigs, to serve
The instruction how to make Roast chickens with chorizo and fennel stuffing
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Place a large greased wire rack in a large roasting pan (one big enough to hold the two chickens).
- Make Chorizo and Fennel Stuffing: Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add chorizo and fennel. Cook, stirring, for 8 minutes or until fennel has softened. Stir in garlic, thyme, fennel seeds and breadcrumbs. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant and breadcrumbs are golden and toasted. Transfer to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool completely. Stir in egg. Mix to combine.
- Rinse chickens (including cavities) under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towel. Loosely fill cavities with stuffing. Tie legs together with kitchen string. Tuck wings underneath. Rub each chicken with 3 teaspoons of the oil. Season with salt.
- Place chickens on prepared wire rack. Roast for 1 hour 25 minutes or until juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the thigh. Cover loosely with foil. Stand for 10 minutes. Serve chicken, sprinkled with extra thyme sprigs and Green Harissa Sauce.
Nutritions of Roast chickens with chorizo and fennel stuffingfatContent: 566.908 calories
saturatedFatContent: 41.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 8 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 41 grams protein
sodiumContent: 194 milligrams cholesterol