For a quick short-cut to a hearty family meal try this chicken, chorizo and chickpea braise served with crusty bread and butter.
The ingredient of Quick chicken, chorizo and chickpea braise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 800g Coles RSPCA Approved Chicken Breast Fillets
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 2 chorizo, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup (250ml) white wine
- 1 Continental Chicken Stock Pot
- 3 cups (750ml) boiling water
- 1 small (300g) sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 120g Coles Australian Baby Spinach Leaves
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Quick chicken, chorizo and chickpea braise
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large heavy based saucepan over medium heat. Season chicken. Cook for 2 mins each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan over medium heat. Add onion, celery and chorizo. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins or until vegetables soften and chorizo is caramelised. Add garlic and cook for 1 min. Add wine and cook for 2-3 mins or until reduced by half. Dissolve chicken stock pot in the boiling water. Add to pan with the sweet potato. Season. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 mins.
- Return chicken to the pan. Cook, covered, for 8 mins or until chicken is cooked through. Add chickpeas and spinach and cook for a further 2-3 mins or until spinach wilts.
- Divide the braise between serving bowls. Serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Quick chicken, chorizo and chickpea braisefatContent: