This hearty chicken roast is gluten-free and ready in just 45 minutes, perfect for busy weeknights.
The ingredient of Roast chicken with spicy green butter
- 70g butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh green chilli
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 lime, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 bunches baby carrots, trimmed, scrubbed
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 (about 1kg) chicken supremes, French-trimmed
- 200g green beans, trimmed
The instruction how to make Roast chicken with spicy green butter
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place the butter, coriander, chilli, ginger and lime rind in a bowl and use a wooden spoon to beat until combined.
- Combine the carrot, onion, honey, 3 tsp of the butter mixture and 2 tablespoons lime juice in a bowl. Season. Place on 1 prepared tray. Roast on top oven shelf for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray the chicken with oil. Season. Cook, skin-side down, for 4u00a0minutes or until golden. Turn and cook for 3u00a0minutes. Transfer to the second prepared tray. Top each piece of chicken with 1 teaspoon butter mixture.
- Roast chicken on the lower oven shelf for 15-18 minutes or until cooked through. Keep warm.
- Increase oven to 220u00b0C/200u00b0C fan forced. Add beans to the vegie tray. Toss to coat in pan juices. Roast for a further 6-8 minutes or until beans are tender-crisp. Serve chicken with the vegies. Top with remaining butter.
Nutritions of Roast chicken with spicy green butterfatContent: 577.185 calories
saturatedFatContent: 34 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 15 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 59 grams protein