These easy vol-au-vents are the perfect party starter and only take 20 minutes to make!
The ingredient of Mexican chicken vol-au-vents
- 2 x 90g packets mini vol-au-vents
- 1 corn cob, husk attached
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken (see note)
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 small red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
The instruction how to make Mexican chicken vol-au-vents
- Preheat oven to 150C/130C fan-forced. Place vol-au-vents on a large baking tray. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or just until crisp.
- Meanwhile, gently peel back husk from the corn without removing it. Remove and discard silk. Pull husk back over corn. Rinse corn. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 4 minutes or until tender. Set aside until cool. Remove and discard husk. Cut corn kernels from cob. Place in a small food processor. Process until a coarse puru00e9e forms. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add chicken, tomato, onion, coriander, chilli and lime juice to puru00e9e. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Arrange vol-au-vents on a serving platter. Spoon 1 tablespoon chicken mixture into each vol-au-vent. Top with coriander sprigs. Serve.
Nutritions of Mexican chicken vol-au-ventsfatContent: 48.756 calories
saturatedFatContent: 2.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 4.1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 2.2 grams protein
sodiumContent: 7 milligrams cholesterol