"This wonderful midweek bake requires very little labour, yet is incredibly delicious. A simple salad of herbs and peppery green leaves, such as rocket, works really nicely with this." - Justine Schofield
The ingredient of Chicken, chorizo and olive tray bake
- 6 boneless chicken thigh fillets, skin on, cut in half
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, sliced
- 2 chorizo sausages, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled, bruised
- 150g Sicilian olives
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 8cm strip of orange zest
- 80ml (1/3 cup) dry sherry (or a dry white wine, such as sauvignon blanc or chardonnay)
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
The instruction how to make Chicken, chorizo and olive tray bake
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Combine the chicken, onion, capsicum and chorizo in a bowl. Drizzle over the oil and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix well with your hands.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and add the chicken thighs, skin side down. Seal on each side for 2-3 minutes, until the skin is golden and crisp. Remove and place, skin side up, in a 2L ovenproof dish. Add the onion, capsicum and chorizo to the pan and seal for 3-4 minutes, until golden. Add to the chicken in the dish, along with the garlic, olives, chickpeas, rosemary and orange zest, arranging in an even layer.
- Drain any excess oil from the pan and heat over high heat. Add the sherry, stir to deglaze and cook for 1 minute or until reduced by one-third. Pour the reduced sherry and the stock in and around the chicken and vegetables, then bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden and the pan juices have reduced. Rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritions of Chicken, chorizo and olive tray bakefatContent: