Why take away when you can stay in with these Asian-style noodles?
The ingredient of Shredded takeaway chicken with rice noodles
- 250g rice noodles (see notes)
- 1 barbecued chicken, meat shredded
- 100ml (5 tablespoons) seasoned rice vinegar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fish sauce
- 120ml (6 tablespoons) light olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 orange, zested, juiced
- 1 lime, zested, juiced
- 1 small red chilli, cut into thin strips
- 1 stick lemon grass, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves (see Notes)
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, chopped
The instruction how to make Shredded takeaway chicken with rice noodles
- Place noodles in a bowl, cover with boiling water and set aside for 10 minutes, drain and refresh. Place in a bowl, add the shredded chicken and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine vinegar, fish sauce, oil, garlic, ginger, orange and lemon zest and juice, chilli and lemon grass. Add onion and herbs to noodles, pour over dressing and toss well.
- Serve sprinkled with peanuts and pepper.
Nutritions of Shredded takeaway chicken with rice noodlesfatContent: 671.112 calories
saturatedFatContent: 35 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 36 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 48 grams protein
sodiumContent: 178 milligrams cholesterol